Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Macaroning with The Vamps!

         I love baking, and when i'm in the mood to try something new without the hassle of breaking eggs and sieving flour, I enjoy whipping up cookies and cakes of the 'from a box' variety! Today was one of those days and I decided to venture into the uncharted territory of Macarons! Armed with my trusty spatula and The Vamps playlist*, I decided to make the Adriano Zumbo Salted Caramel Macarons (they ended up being just caramel macarons because I didn't have any sea salt!!).


       Despite being a 'from a box', they was surprisingly difficult to make and I managed to screw them up- they ended up looking like mini dog poos :( ! However, they were EXTREMELY tasty (the fact that they are almost gone in two hours is proof!) and I just discovered that Zumbo has a bunch a videos that guide you during the process(for example, what should the consistency of the batter be like)**.



    At the end of the day,  they were fun to make but I think I prefer the store bought variety over these  any day!!
The finished product!
* My favourite The Vamps song here
** The Adriano Zumbo recipe videos here

No comments:

Post a Comment