Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Happiness in a bite.

      My interest in baking seems to be following a certain pattern- it dies down during University breaks and peaks a few days before an assignment is due or I have an exam. Todays procrastibaking recipe was Lemon Drizzle Cake, courtesy of the gorgeous Anna from Vivianna does Makeup. This super easy recipe (I have a thing for non complicated recipes-no judgement, okay!) is delicious, light and citrusy. Plus the lemon and granulated sugar glaze just takes it to the next level.
      On the topic of happiness, I recently read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I first saw this book at an airport bookstore on my way to New Zealand and I was intrigued. I completely forgot about it until a month ago when my brother bought me some books for my birthday. Gretchen essentially conducts a life experiment, researching and trialling ways of becoming happier.  Each month she documents how she tried to improve one aspect of her life through these happiness experiments over the course of a year. I've been reading it on my way to University in the mornings and I'm considering starting my own happiness project-I mean, we can always be happier, right?
     Would you consider starting your own happiness project and if yes, what would you do?     

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I've always wanted to purchase that book!! It looks promising :)
    Also start a happiness project!!! I'd definitely like to see what you haveeeee :)
    p.s. it would be nice to have some cake during lecture tmr :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great book, definitely recommend! Haha, I shall bring some next time I bake it :)

      Delete